My Rating: 4/5
- Let us first be as simple and well as Nature ourselves, dispel the clouds which hang over our brows, and take up a little life into our pores. Do not stay to be an overseer of the poor, but endeavor to become one of the worthies of the world.
- In any weather, at any hour of the day or night, I have been anxious to improve the nick of time, and notch it on my stick too; to stand on the meeting of two eternities, the past and future, which is precisely the present moment; to toe that line.
- To be awake is to be alive.
- A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.
- I have a great deal of company in my house; especially in the morning, when nobody calls.
- A lake is the landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature
- I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
- If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names.