[My Rating 4/5]
These are the notes that I took:
- Nothing, to my way of thinking, is a better proof of a well ordered mind than a man’s ability to stop just where he is and pass some time in his own company.
always read well-tried authors, and if at any moment you find yourself wanting a change from a particular author, go back to ones you have read before.
- if you are looking on anyone as a friend when you do not trust him as you trust yourself, you are making a grave mistake, and have failed to grasp sufficiently the full force of true friendship.
- the things you should share with your friend are all your worries and deliberations.
Continue reading “Book Notes: Letters from a Stoic by Seneca”
My Rating: 5/5
These notes include Books Recommended to Tim over his interviews with various people. Do take a look in those books, you might find something useful and that you haven’t read before.
- Questions are your pickaxes and competitive advantage.
- Borrow liberally, combine uniquely, and create your own bespoke blueprint.
- Very often, “our” beliefs are not our own.
- The superheroes you have in your mind (idols, icons, titans, billionaires, etc.) are nearly all walking flaws who’ve maximized 1 or 2 strengths.
- Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
- Everyone struggles. Take solace in that.
- “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” —Lao Tzu
- “The rule is: The basics are the basics, and you can’t beat the basics.”
- take phosphatidylserine and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC). For me, this also has a noticeable impact on lowering anxiety the following day.
- 59 Seconds: Change Your Life in Under a Minute by Richard Wiseman (for stress reduction)
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller
- when you’re a leader, people are going to mimic your behavior, at a minimum. . . . It’s a guarantee. So here’s the key piece of advice, this is all he said:
- ‘Calm is contagious.’”
Continue reading “BOOK NOTES: Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss”